McLeod School of Medical Technology Prerequisites
What do you need to enter our Medical Technology Program?
- Complete baccalaureate degree or complete first three years from affiliated university
- 16 semester hours of biology including Microbiology and Immunology (content or as a separate course)
- 16 semester hours of chemistry including 8 hrs of organic or biochemistry or analytical or (combination of any 2)
- 6 semester hours of math (including statistics).
- 2.5 GPA overall and 2.6 Science GPA (based on a 4.0)
- 3 completed McLeod reference forms which may be accompanied by letters of support. Forms must be mailed directly to our Program by person giving the reference.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (even if for only one course) mailed directly to our Program
- Completed application form.
- Copy of SAT or GRE report (minimum of 480 math and 480 verbal. Students with math or verbal scores below 400 will not qualify for an interview.)
- Copy of ACT report (minimum of 19 for composite score). Students with composite scores below 17 will not qualify for an interview.
- TOEFL report for International students or if English is a second language.
- Personal interview at McLeod Regional Medical Center.
Criminal Background Check, Medicare Exclusion Check, and Health Screening for all Students
All students must submit to a criminal background check before they can be accepted. All students must also clear a Medicare exclusion check. Once accepted, students must have a pre-clinical physical by personal physician. A copy of each student's immunization records must be submitted to our program and occupational health at McLeod. Students must also complete an employee health screen at McLeod Occupational Health prior to entry into McLeod Health orientation.
Results of the background check, medicare exclusion check or McLeod Occupational Health Screen may render the student ineligible to participate in the program.