HCP Program Forms
The Pee Dee AHEC Undergraduate Regional Internship Experience is a 4-week program that offers students the opportunity to intern in one area or explore all available areas of healthcare. Students will observe policies, procedures, preventative care, and treatments in clinical and non-clinical units. Students will have the opportunity to collaborate with peers, explore healthcare careers, and discuss their experiences and insights.
Friday, April 7, 2023
Ready to apply?
2023 Pee Dee AHEC High School Summer Health Careers Exploration
- A resident of South Carolina
- 18 years or older enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Displayed interest in a healthcare career
- Complete the online application
- Complete 80 hours over a 4-week period
- Attend 4 weekly meets (in-person or virtually)
- Complete weekly journal experience assignments
- Participate in 1 community service event or project
- Complete and present a professional culminating presentation
This program is a one-week experience (2 groups), wherein high school students (rising 9th graders through graduating seniors) will have the opportunity to explore the different career fields in healthcare. Students will spend a portion of each day in different clinical and non-clinical units where they will observe the policies, procedures, illnesses, and preventative measures taken, while simultaneously gaining exposure to the career details associated with healthcare professions.
Student participants will receive advice concerning career and college readiness from real-world healthcare professionals, as well as better understand the variety of healthcare professions through hands-on career labs. This program will operate during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of June; you can select your cohort.
Group A: June 12th - June 15th
Group B: June 19th - June 22nd
The total number of hours earned for this program will be 45. A certificate verifying participation will be presented at the end of the program.